What to make: Pumpkin bars
Why make them: They’re easier than pie, but just as tasty!
When to make them: Year-round – when isn’t a good time for a sweet pumpkin treat?
How to make them:
1 15-oz can of Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin
1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup cooking oil
2 cups flour
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 cup margarine or butter
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease cookie sheet.
- Beat together pumpkin and sugar.
- Add the remaining bar ingredients.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the bar clean.
- Mix together frosting ingredients in a large bowl.
- Allow the bar to cool for 20-30 minutes before frosting.